Full Job Description
PET GROOMER | JOB DESCRIPTION
Are you a HUGE dog lover?
Are you afraid of hard work… because we aren’t.
Does the idea of taking a dog from beast and transforming it into a beauty excite you?
Do want to be in environment where education and growing a team is incredibly important to the company?
Do you have at least two years of professional dog grooming experience?
Do you like benefits like health insurance, paid vacation time, retirement plan and paid attendance to grooming shows?
If you answered yes, we need to talk.
We have a Full-Time opportunity for a Stylist experienced in professional dog and cat grooming to join our growing company at our Deforest location. Pet Styling is one of the core of our services and this position requires caring for all aspects of a pet’s styling experience during its appointment. We are a family owned local business with over 30 years of experience which is fun and a good leadership team to help teach and challenge your growth. Strong attention to detail and a team player attitude are required, as is your love for pets! This person is responsible for the safety, final trim and balance of the pet’s look. Applicants must be responsible, punctual and dependable. You must be able to handle dogs of all sizes without being afraid of them and without allowing them to control you. Must be willing to maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and equipment maintenance. There will be opportunities for advancement, if you excel.
This position reports to the Facility Director and Groomer Leader.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a pet salon, veterinary setting or pet care environment
- Excellent work history and references
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- bathing, drying, brushing and knowledge of all coat types
- perform specialized spa treatment
- ear cleaning
- nail trimming/filing
- final grooming elements of the pets
- cleaning and some opening and closing duties
- Detail oriented
- Note and notify staff of any abnormal signs or behaviors animals may display, ( know signs of distress and common diseases) ask questions there are never too many questions when animals well-beings are at state.
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards pets, co-workers, and customers. Passion for animals. Humanely and gently handle animals at all times.
- Having the ability to read an animal and it’s behavior, know when animal is stressed, agitated, aggressive, friendly, submissive etc. Never put oneself or others at risk.
- Computer literate with ability to use in-house software, e-mail, Word and Excel spreadsheets in a professional setting
- knowledgeable in all trims of all breeds and good hand scissoring skills
- Genuine liking for people with a desire to make the customer experience and the employee work experience pleasant, welcoming, and memorable.
- Communicating and connecting company mission and values to daily operations
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Be able to lift 35 lbs.
- At least 2 years of full time dog and cat grooming, scissoring experience
- Good dog handling
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.