$9.25 – $11.00 an hour
Pet Care Industry, 1 year (Required)
Personal Pet Care, 2 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Animal care facility seeking responsible, energetic Part Time Pet Care Associate to be cross trained between our Central Bark Doggy Day Care service and pet boarding services. You would be responsible for the care and handling of play groups and the care of pets boarding with us. 70% of your time will be in the care and handling of dogs, cats and other pets. 20% of your time will be ensuring the facility is sanitized and kept clean. The remaining 10% will be customer service. Levels of responsibility will increase according to the level of the staff member.
Some essential duties and responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Performing a variety of demanding physical activities, including lifting or moving a minimum of 50 pounds. Lifting, twisting and bending.
- Available weekends holidays, in all types of weather
- Accuracy in all day to day operations (ie. Reservations, appointments, charting, training, etc.)
- Overseeing and caring for ALL pets in our care, including playing, brushing, petting, holding, kenneling, leashing, collaring, applying first aid, feeding, medicating, handling pets in and out of a group setting, etc.
- Cleaning duties such as cleaning up dog or cat waste, sweeping, mopping, dusting, disinfecting, shoveling, cleaning crates and kennels, and bathing pets.
- Available to attend events to promote the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Personal Pet Care and Pet Care Industry experience
- Drive to learn more and become more experienced in dog behavior
- Love and understanding of what it takes to properly care for pets
- Able to work weekdays, weekends AND holidays
- Reliable transportation
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, detailed and highly motivated work ethics
- Ability to define problems and think on their feet
- Ability to maintain the highest company standards in the delivery of all our pet care services.
Harmony Pet Clinic is a one stop shop for pet owners that opened back in 2002. The facility was built from the ground up with pet’s needs in mind the entire process. Not only do we offer Pet Boarding, we also have a full service Veterinary Clinic with 3 doctors, Central Bark Doggy Day Care service that continues to grow, Grooming for cats and dogs and a retail area offering prescription diets, pet toys, training gear, treats, etc.
All resumes MUST be accompanied by a completed Harmony Pet Clinic employment application. The application can be found online at:
_ https://harmonypet.com/about-hpc/careers/ _
or at our facility. We ask that you drop off your application and resume in person at 1208 Dolphin Ct, Waukesha, 53186; Monday – Friday 7am – 6pm.
Details of position will be discussed at time of interview; including hours, salary, benefits, bringing your dog to work, expectations, etc. Seasonal employment is discouraged.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $9.25 – $11.00 per hour
- Pet Care Industry: 1 year (Required)
- Personal Pet Care: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location