$20,800 – $51,000 a year
Full Job Description
Want to be a member of the Independent K-9 Team? We are looking for dependable, responsible, self- motivated individuals to join our dog training and care team.
Full-Time Position Available Starting between $20,800.00-36,000.00 depending on skill level and experience. 1 week vacation after 1st year of employment, High School Diploma or the equivalent required, Training experience and/or certification is required
*The care of the dogs staying at our facility are our #1 priority and dogs must be cared for daily including nights, weekends, holidays and during all weather conditions; if this is a concern or a problem do not apply.*
- Training all breeds of dogs that participate in our board and train programs
- Capability of training dogs in our behavior modification program (people & dog aggression, fear & anxiety) if you are not experienced with working with these cases willingness to learn to work with these dogs are a requirement to the position.
- Teach private lessons in facility and in client’s homes
- Teach group classes, sometimes with large groups (15-20 students) and dogs of different temperaments and handlers of different abilities by yourself or with a team of trainers.
- Perform and follow operating procedures to keep a clean, safe, odor free & low stress environment. Includes cleaning facility, dog kennel and crate areas, training areas and the outdoor areas also includes restocking, dishes, sweeping, mopping or other daily tasks.
- Ability to work with and teach all personality types in a professional and productive manner
- Perform daily care including feeding, medicating, turnout.
- Supervise daycare and Structured socialization that can include 2- 30 dogs
- Perform other duties as needed
- Ability to adapt your dog training style to fit the dog and clients need
- Ability to use all methods to get desired results including positive motivation, and knowledgeable in the use of aversive methods including use of remote trainers
- Knowledgeable about basic dog care and grooming
- Basic computer skills including use of Office, Email, Social Media and the computer software we use
- Self-starter that is able to work independently or as part of a team with or without direction
- Possesses problem solving skills and works efficiently with good time management
- Reliable transportation in all weather conditions
- Ability to safely handle dogs of all sizes and temperaments including behavior modification cases for aggressive dogs (people aggression/dog aggression) and complex fear cases
- Able to do physical labor that includes lifting 50-100lbs, bending, cleaning all areas of the facility indoors and outdoors
- Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20,800.00 – $51,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees and customers are required to wear masks, curbside service, hand sanitizer and washing stations.
- One location