Delaware North Gaming is searching for an Adoption Center Coordinator to join our team at Wheeling Island Casino in Wheeling, West Virginia. In this role, you’ll contribute to the care and wellbeing of retired greyhounds and help ensure they are placed in loving homes for adoption.
- Turns greyhounds out on a regular daily basis.
- Assist with screening adoption applicants, placing greyhounds in a safe home.
- Maintain sanitation by cleaning and disinfecting kennels and kennel areas regularly.
- Oversees the health of each greyhound in the kennel, dispenses medications as needed, bathes greyhounds, and alerts supervisor to additional medical needs of the animals.
- Maintain inventory for the kennel and adoption center.
- Observe and monitor groups of dogs while in a play group to ensure the safety of pets and take action as needed.
- Experience working in an environment with large dogs of varied temperaments, preferably in a kennel setting.
- Able to determine when a dog may be in need of medical attention.
- Organized with the ability to maintain schedules and appointments and competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift a greyhound and materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Long-term standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Comfortable working indoors and outdoors with varying weather conditions
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.