$80,000 – $90,000 a year
Full Job Description
Click on the “” button below for IMPORTANT information.
This position is located at the Warren AFB Veterinary Treatment Facility.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Perform wellness appointments on a population of privately-owned animals and advise owners on proper immunizations and disease prevention.
- Examine animals, treat diseases and injuries, conduct surgeries. Perform administrative duties such as maintaining legal medical health records.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, and other body fluids for examination and diagnostic testing.
- Performs and interprets laboratory findings. Issues health certificates.
- Provides direction and oversight to Animal Health Assistants with regards to veterinary nursing skills, veterinary medical standards, and animal care.
Job family (Series)
0701 Veterinary Medical Science
- Doctor Of Veterinary Medicine (Dvm)
- Veterinary Medicine, Doctors Of (Dvm)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete a physical examination (to include all mandated immunizations to work in a veterinary environment) prior to entrance on duty.
- Must not have an aversion to animals, blood, bodily fluids, animal tissues, strong odors, needles, or sharp instruments.
- Must be able to stand for long periods, restrain animals, kneel, reach, etc.
- Ability to obtain/renew United States Department of Agriculture/Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS) accreditation within first 60-days of employment.
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays for special events – as needed by management.
- Possess a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA).
- Possess a valid unrestricted state license to practice veterinary medicine (may be a valid state license from any US state).
- Official transcripts must be provided prior to time of hire. Unofficial college/university transcripts may be uploaded for initial qualification screening.
Best Qualified Criteria:
- Possess active United States Department of Agriculture/ Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS) accreditation.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and long periods of standing, restraining, kneeling, reaching and sitting, etc.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE OUTLINED IN PD #20409
The information provided on your resume should be clear and specific. You will be rated based solely off of the information provided within your resume. Assumptions will not be made regarding your experience and the duties performed.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the local commuting area of Laramie County. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration).
- NOTE: Local commuting area is defined as a radius of 50 miles, ability to commute to work on a daily/as needed basis, ability to relocate at your own expense within 2 weeks of selection, you are a military spouse relocating to this installation within 30 days, or you are an involuntarily separated military member.
Salary is pro-rated based on a 40 hour work week. Hourly salary is:
NF-04 $38.33ph ($80,000) – $43.12ph ($90,000).
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 4:00pm EST (Monday -Thursday) or 3:00pm EST (Friday) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government’s interest.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs (To view kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf).
- Below defines theemployment category for this position:
– Part-Time (at least 20 guaranteed work hours per week (may be scheduled be scheduled between 20-39 hours per week)
- Work schedule to be determined after hire.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Competitive salary; based on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for regular or certain flex employees)
- Life insurance (for regular employees)
- Retirement Plan (for regular employees)
- 401(k) plan with matching (for regular employees)
- Regular full-time and part-time employees are eligible of paid annual leave, sick leave, and Federal Holidays, as well as continuing education
- Access at many locations to on-post services and facilities such as day care, child youth service, fitness and recreation centers.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Conditions of Employment, Physical Requirements, Highly Preferred Criteria, and Integrity Certification.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (i.e. Veteran Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent degree
- Active State Veterinary License
- USDA accreditation
- OAV Spouse/Parent Verification
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
US Citizens and Eligible Non US Citizens within the local commuting area of Laramie County. ? NOTE: Local commuting area is defined as a radius of 50 miles, ability to commute to work on a daily/as needed basis, ability to relocate at your own expense within 2 weeks of selection, you are a military spouse relocating to this installation within 30 days, or you are an involuntarily separated military member.