$10 – $12 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Glenwood City Veterinary Clinic
308 Syme Ave.
Veterinary Kennel Assistant
The purpose of the Veterinary Kennel Assistant is to provide high quality, consistent patient care while maintaining a clean and functional clinic environment. Our boarding patients rely on the Kennel Assistant for ongoing daily care, weekend, and holiday care.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school or equivalency diploma required.
- Prior experience working in the veterinary field preferred.
- Multi-tasking abilities, service orientation, excellent initiative, compassionate animal care, and attention to detail.
- Anticipate and fulfil the needs of patients, clients, and team members in a small clinic environment.
- Knowledge of Cornerstone, and Sling will be considered a plus.
- Ability to work on your feet all day: walking, standing, squatting, and frequent kneeling.
- Lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Be able to write legibly.
- Incur risk of injury from animals.
- Work well under pressure and in a high stress environment.
- Exposure to workplace hazards such as radiation (x-rays), anesthetic gas, zoonotic diseases, and various chemicals.
- Exhibit punctuality when fulfilling scheduled shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and events. Arrive before your shift starts, set down belongings, and clock-in ready to work!
- Attempt to find a replacement for your shift during illness or other extenuating circumstances.
- Try to accommodate staffing needs.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Take initiative to identify and attain professional goals.
- Comply with hospital guidelines for appearance and uniform.
- Become familiar with and follow hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive, accommodating professional attitude towards clients and staff always.
- Develop a close, professional relationship with colleagues.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $12.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location