Pulled from the full job description
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our
IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
About the Job
Is your passion to lead technical programs that deliver solutions, focused on supporting a growing and dynamic business? Do you love pets and want to join your experience with enabling systems that help PetSmart be the trusted partner of Pet Parents and their pets?
PetSmart is looking for a Sr. IT Project Manager / Scrum Master (PM/SM) to provide leadership and direction in the development of solutions that support business strategies. They are responsible for leading technical projects across the delivery team. The role will be accountable for working with cross-functional teams to implement and deliver solutions aligned with strategies and plans for technology, across customer and business facing product and platform teams. The Sr. IT PM/SM is accountable for ensuring organized, predictable, and managed change.
PEOPLE & TEAM INFLUENCE
- Demonstrate abilities as a team leader; lead teams to create an atmosphere of trust
- Coach team of associate and contract Analysts, QA, and Engineering team members on agile values and principles
- Seek diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Develop relationships within IT and the business
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
PROGRAM & PROJECT
- Participate in early forecast activities to estimate staffing and effort to scope initiatives
- Plan, Participate and Lead Project Leadership Team or Steering Leadership Team meetings
- Anticipate risks, push contingency planning, and resolve roadblocks
- Accountable for delivery of highly complex, cross-functional projects impacting the enterprise
- Accountable for scope, schedule, and communication management
- Provide leadership and direction in the design, development, support, and implementation of business capabilities as it relates to application and technical delivery
- Guide sustainable solutions, meeting both immediate project requirements and near-term strategies, as appropriate
- Participate in the development and sustainability of PM/SM frameworks
- Knowledge of IT Capital and Expense budgeting/spend processes, leveraging SAP preferred
- Manage day-to-day budget; manager contracts/SOWs, coordinate expenditures and partner to analyst variances
- 5-8+ years’ experience with industry standard retail applications, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in application integration, solution design, and support
- 5-8+ years’ project management with focus on Scrum/Agile
- Leadership abilities
- Focused analysis/troubleshooting skills
- Proven partnering/relationship fostering skills
- SAFe, Lean, or other project management certifications with demonstrable application desired
- Proficient in project management discipline and tools; Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Computer Science or related field preferred, and 5+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart in the IT space from our team members: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/it
Posted 30+ days ago