$10 – $20 an hour
Full Job Description
Responsible for matching the right pet with the right customer and meeting the needs of both; for customers who already have pet knowledge, enhancing the enjoyment of the human-animal bond.
Leads are responsible for providing training and coaching to other Pet Counselors;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides dynamic customer service, while educating our customers through teaching proper pet care.
- Maximizes productivity, memorize and utilize the Petland systems, such as the Petland Mission, 5-Step Sale, 4 Basic Needs, C.A.P, Pets For A Lifetime and Adopt-A Pet.
- Maintains excellent animal husbandry for the pets by performing opening, daily and closing procedures and assisting in maintaining a clean, organized and safe store environment.
- Assists in Community Service projects in and out of the store as directed.
- Assists Animal Care Technicians with any additional animal care as needed.
- Lead Pet Counselors have the additional responsibility to provide training and coaching to other Pet Counselors and will oftentimes be “key holders”.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Computer skills required: Point of Sales Systems.