$10 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Animal care: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
MCAS Kennel Technicians are responsible for cleaning and providing humane care to the animals at the Marshall County Animal Shelter and to assist all customers and team members in a professional and friendly manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, coworkers, and all persons you come in contact with throughout your shift.
- Mesh well with our existing staff of hardworking, dedicated employees.
- Be efficient, a team player, positive and proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to understand and communicate with potential adopters to help match them with a pet that fits their needs and wants.
- Always provide the best care to the animals at our facility.
- Complete assigned daily responsibilities.
- Understand and follow strict cleaning protocols.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the facility.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the animals.
- Washing dishes, laundry, and other husbandry tasks.
- Observe animals for any signs of illness or behavior issues and report it to proper authority.
- Introduce animals to potential adopters.
- Participate in daily animal enrichment and provide adequate exercise.
- Provide basic animal training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure a safe work environment; following all safety guidelines.
- Take immediate action to address any safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, customer, animal, or the organization at risk.
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and sanitary work area at all times.
- Ability to bend, kneel and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to easily lift 50lbs.
- Ability to multitask under high-pressure situations.
- Work in loud environments and on hard surfaces.
- Ability to work outdoors year-round in all weather conditions.
- Ability to handle emotional situations.
- Endure consistent expose to animals and subject to injuries such as bites and scratches.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Animal care: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location