From $12 an hour
Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Applications must be accompanied with a cover letter stating why you are a good candidate for this particular position with Healthy Pet Veterinary Clinic in order to be considered. Applications that do not have a cover letter will be rejected.
Healthy Pet Veterinary Clinic on Madison’s East Side is seeking an enthusiastic person for Part-Time employment as a Kennel Assistant caring for our boarding animals and keeping our clinic clean and well stocked.
Healthy Pet Veterinary Clinic is a full-service veterinary clinic that is committed to promoting responsible pet ownership and working cooperatively with our clients to provide the best care for their pets. In addition to caring for dogs and cats our practice provides special services like boarding for small mammals such as rabbits, guinea pigs and ferrets.
Applicant must be able to work during the week between 4 pm and 6:30pm as well as every other Saturdays and Sunday totaling 15-20 hours a week.
The Kennel Assistant position will have the responsibility of caring for animals boarding at the clinic including feeding, cleaning of boarding cages/areas and cleaning of other areas of the veterinary clinic. These shifts are shared on a rotating basis with other staff and will require work times when the clinic is closed on weekends and holidays. Also, this applicant will be responsible fore cleaning and straighten exam rooms, treatment and lab areas, restock exam rooms with supplies and assist other team members to keep the public area of the practice clean and well maintained. We would like our applicant to comfortable reaching out to owners via email or text with an update on how their pets are doing.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must be 16 years of age
- Strong communication and client service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and treat patients with skill, compassion and care. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required.
- Work will with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital and doctors.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are an essential function of the position.
- Knowledge of animal husbandry for cats and small mammals and be able to communicate with clients about recommendations for their pets.
- Strong computer skills are needed to communicate with clients and other team members via our in-house practice management program and via the internet.
- Perform general physical activities that require bending, standing, stooping, moving from room to room, sit, talk and listen; applicant may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience in a veterinary clinic, pet store or have been directly responsible for caring for animals in a business setting.
Starting wage will depend on qualifications and work history.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location