Up to $9 an hour
animal handling: 1 year (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Walks through the kennel areas checking each animal individually for any abnormal activity such as vomiting, diarrhea, or blood in the cage or run. Reports all abnormal activity to supervisors, makes a note so the animal can be examined.
2) Recognizes emergency situations, enlisting the aid of vets.
3) Feeds and waters animals according to size and schedules.
4) Cleans and disinfects cages, runs and yards as needed using hoses and spray bottles of disinfectant. Uses a squeegee to remove excess water.
5) Cleans cat litter boxes.
6) Cleans and disinfects all food and water bowls.
7) Picks up soiled bedding and moves it to laundry area.
8) Places clean bedding in run with animals.
9) Operates washer and dryer to clean kennel bedding and laundry.
10) Administers medications to those animals that require medications while they are boarding.
11) Walks all dogs and socializes all cats.
12) Works outside all year round, part of the job requires working outside in winter conditions and in the summer without the aid of air conditioning for periods of time.
13) Restrains animals as needed for medical care.
14) Maintains equipment.
15) Provides friendly interaction with clients and animals. Ensures customer satisfaction.
16) Maintains cleanliness of entire shelter
17) Lifting up to 50 pounds without assistance
18) Any other duties assigned by the Director or Board of Directors
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Strong organizational skills, human relations, and communication skills.
2) Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
3) Knowledge of animal protection issues and commitment to the objectives of the organization.
WORK HOURS: This position has varying working hours depending on scheduling.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any acceptable combination of education, training and experience that provides the above Knowledge. Computer knowledge.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong public speaking, writing, grammar, and editing skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. No physical restrictions apply to this position provided that the employee is able to satisfactorily complete the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $9.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- animal handling: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location