$9 – $32 an hour
Full Job Description
Experienced Groomer; Full-time & Part-time, Hourly Base Pay, Commission, PTO & Benefits
We are seeking experienced groomers for our Salon Team. Your primary focus will be to develop relationships with pet parents in the community by providing exceptional grooming services. Ideal candidates are excited about our pets and neighbors and go the extra mile to ensure they are delighted when leaving our Salon. In conjunction with the team, you will be responsible for providing neighborly, trustworthy, and knowledgeable service.
- Perform Full Service Grooming Services including but not limited to bath, blow dry/brush, full professional groom, ear cleaning, nail trimming & filing, tooth brushing, anal glands.
- Specialty services will be also provided and taught for creative grooming, show dog grooming & commercial/photography grooming.
- Groom and style pets based on pet owner instructions and requests.
- Follow standard procedures and breed standards.
- Ensure wellness and safety of those in our care at all times.
- Approach and greet pet parents, providing quick and courteous service by learning about pets, neighbor preferences and determining their needs.
- Drive neighbor satisfaction by developing long-term relationships with pet parents, sharing product knowledge, and suggesting products and services needed for happy and healthy pets.
- Community outreach to attract new neighbors for Salon Services
- Perform routine cleaning, keeping our environment inviting, and assist the store team with tasks and neighbor engagement in downtime.
Successful Candidates will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Minimum of 2 year of grooming experience required.
- A passion for driving the business and building long-term neighbor/pet relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to ask probing questions to ensure clarity around pet needs and neighbor preferences.
- Ability to move/lift animals over 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and bend for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work a flexible full-time schedule including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
ABOUT PET SUPPLIES PLUS
With more than 550 corporate and franchise locations in over 35 states, Pet Supplies Plus is America’s favorite neighborhood pet store. Each Pet Supplies Plus location is large enough to house an incredible variety of food and goodies to spoil each pet in your home, yet small enough to still feel neighborly. Our location opening in Marshfield, WI is a franchise location with Owners who are just as crazy about their team as they are about pets! We plan to join the neighborhood in September/October 2021 and are eager to have a positive impact on the community of both pets and people too!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $9.00 – $32.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance