High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Pet Grooming: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Pet Parlor of Racine, located in Uptown Racine, is a 4600 square foot, full-service facility that offers dog grooming, dog daycare, boarding and training. It is owned and run by our head groomer Elise who has 30 years of experience in grooming and pet care. We offer a friendly work environment with our top priority being the health, safety, and happiness of every dog in our care.
The Pet Parlor is accepting applications for an experienced Dog Groomer, this is a paid position. Our ideal candidate has a passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs, as well as the ability to move between duties with ease. We are looking for a strong team player that is reliable, self-motivated ready to learn.
- Move dogs safely through-out the facility, from drop off to pick up.
- Communicate with clients, both written and verbally, about their dog, understanding that all customers are “lifetime clients”
- Maintain records of the activities of dogs in our care, such as feedings, training times, medications administered, as necessary.
- Disinfect grooming equipment and facility through-out the day to ensure the health and safety of animals and employees.
- Groom and bathe all shapes, sizes and breeds of dogs in a thorough and efficient manner, ensuring each client is fully satisfied with the service.
- Genuine interest in and love of dogs, all aspects of their health, happiness, safety, and comfort; you are, without a doubt, a dog person.
- Comfortable handling dogs of all sizes and breeds, from moving dogs on leads to assisting dogs into the wash tub and maneuvering them on the grooming table; every dog in our care is assessed for temperament and attitude, you will work with dogs and puppies from 2 to 200 pounds.
- Stand, sit, crouch, bend, kneel, or walk for the duration of your workday; bathing and grooming dogs is an active job, you will often have to navigate around the dog to perform the essential parts of your job.
- Working in wet conditions throughout the day; whether bathing or blow-drying dogs, you may occasionally get wet, PPE will be provided for you.
- Flexibility of scheduled hours, we are open from 6am to 6pm; as a full-service facility we are open every day of the year, every effort is given to work around your other obligations, but weekends are the busiest days of the week and holidays are similarly busy as our clients want their pets looking their best for holiday functions.
- Clean background and drug screening; our customers entrust their beloved dogs to us so you must be trustworthy and always clear headed when you are working.
- 12 months of experience as a professional dog groomer or apprenticeship; you should thoroughly know the fundamentals of dog grooming and be able to deliver consistent results.
- Ability to quickly build a client base; you should have or possess the ability to develop relationships with clients.
- 2-5+ years of experience working as a professional dog groomer.
- Large established client base in local area.
- Up-to-date Tetanus vaccination.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
APPLICATION & COMPENSATION
- 50% commission plus tips for all services you perform.
- Full-time or Part-Time position depending on your skill level and desire to work.
- Submit resume by email, call 262-800-1205, or stop by our facility at 1325 14th Street Racine WI 53403 and pick up an application today.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Pet Grooming: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location