Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Responsible to deliver pet parent service and grooming services to our pet parents and the pets in our care that align with our brand promise. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks; most questions are directed to either the Grooming Salon Leader or the General Manager. Position is responsible for the welfare of all live animals within the department. GSL will report to the General Manager and collaborate to drive the business.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all pet parents by utilizing INTENT in the salon
Professionally perform grooming services on animals as requested by pet parents and in accordance with company policy and procedure, ensuring the safety and well-being of each animal
- This is to include; completing bath services, haircut services, walk in services I.E. nail trims
- Interest in animal welfare
- Must be able to move/lift animals and merchandise up to 30 pounds
- Utilize grooming instruments including shears, clippers and dryers.
- Perform grooming services per pet parent instructions, ensuring the safety and well-being of animals
- Adhere to all Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure OSE standards are maintained in the department
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Providing and keeping a clean and safe environment for the pets in our care in the salon
May provide guidance to other new salon partners or salon partners in training or other. May also test potential applicants for grooming procedures and evaluate skills and other job related tasks.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors in the grooming salon. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this partner’s time will be spent in direct contact with our pet parents and their dogs and the remaining time will be with the other salon partners. The work environment can be noisy and wet.
A qualified applicant to this position will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry, and either a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is preferred. In addition, the applicant must have completed the Petco Pet Stylist Apprentice Program or a minimum of one year’s experience grooming/styling pets under the leadership of a professional groomer and must successfully complete a personal skills evaluation by a Petco Pet Stylist or Grooming Salon Manager.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.