$15.50 – $17.00 an hour
Full Job Description
Certified Veterinary Technician / Veterinary Nurse – Certified or currently in school
Here To Serve.
These words can be heard around our clinic and guide every policy and procedure at PAW Health Network.
Combining the drive to improve our patients’ quality of life; to improve balance in the life of our staff; to maintain non-corporatized local influence; to emphasize education of all members within the care team, and you have PAW Health Network’s industry-changing practice model.
Veterinary technicians are chronically under-appreciated in our industry. The traditional hierarchy of Vet, CVT, Unlicensed staff, and Reception staff has led to a plague of career dissatisfaction.
At PAW Health Network we have toppled that hierarchy to enable all of our staff to reach significantly higher levels of success and fulfillment in their professional roles. CVTs and Veterinary Nurses are utilized to their fullest capacity in what they are trained to do.
We are hiring CVTs and Veterinary Nurses for days, nights, and overnight positions.
$15.50 – $17 hourly
- Perform initial evaluations of patient’s condition, dress wounds, check vital signs, collect samples, perform advanced lab work, may assist in procedures, and administer medication
- Follow the directive of technician communicating triage to fulfill non-linear triage for the most efficient case completion
- Read interpret and assist in the implementation of written medical treatments
- Read and maintain electronic medical records to track their care and health conditions
- Effectively execute duties and manage personnel within the clinic laboratory
- Obtain and process laboratory samples such as feces, blood, urine, tissue, and free fluid by means of free catch, venipuncture, cystocentesis, fine needles aspirates, and skin scrapes
- Patient preparation and monitor surgical procedures and dental prophylaxis
- Prepare, maintain and recover patients for sedated of anesthetic procedures
- Complete technician appointments
- Perform CPR and critical patient care
- Perform Euthanasia
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Current unrestricted license/certification in veterinary technology within the State of Wisconsin
- Current veterinary technician students also welcome to apply
Education and Experience
- Degree in Veterinary Technology is encouraged, however, not necessary
- All levels of experience in the veterinary field will be considered
- Willing to train the right individual
- Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers, practice management software, and standard work/spreadsheet software. Must be able to utilize or learn scheduling modules/software
PAW Health Network is a 24-Hour Animal Care Center that provides an array of services offered to the community. These services include the following: walk-ins, routine care, emergency care, urgent care, and massage therapy. We have numerous relationships and contracts with local organizations that we are extremely active in. PAW believes utilizing Certified Veterinary Technicians is the future of veterinary medicine and as we become more involved in providing care to the community our need for more Certified Veterinary Technicians continues to grow. The culture at PAW Health Network is loyal, laid back, enjoyable, and supportive to one another. If you are looking to begin or continue your career in an environment where you are valued, encouraged to be successful, and thrive while leading the industry with your care team, then please apply.