$8 – $10 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We are growing!
We’re looking to add hard working, bright, happy faces to our Boarding Team.
The comfort and well being of our furry guests is of utmost importance. Our goal is to provide a positive experience for the pet while in our care away from their owners. We would like to engage the animals in play and attention as much as possible and reasonable for each individual.
In addition to providing a positive experience, animal care attendants are responsible for proper husbandry care of all boarded animals, including feeding, bathing, medication, record keeping and the cleanliness of guest kennels and condos. In addition, the kennel staff also is responsible for the cleanliness of the facility.
- Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed or scared.
- Can work unaffected in an environment where dogs are barking.
- Can handle all sizes and breeds of dogs.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Walks or stands for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Provides compassionate care to guests..
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Assists in guest check in by running them to their designated area and properly identifying them.
- Releases animals to their owners as directed by the owner or manager; ensures that every animal released is clean and properly groomed prior to their release.
- Responsible for closely monitoring groups of dogs at play.
- Can follow a regular schedule for cleaning and sanitizing all kennels, runs, wards and related areas; changes litter boxes and food/water bowls.
- Can feed each animal as the owner has requested and records appetites.
- Understands the importance of prioritizing tasks and keeps oneself busy and productive during work shifts.
- Can maintain laundry.
- Maintains the grounds of the property including waste disposal, light maintenance of landscape upkeep and general building maintenance.
- Can give guests baths.
- Can collect fecal samples as needed.
- Can recognize and report any unusual condition or abnormal behavior.
- Cleans equipment and facilities using chemicals and supplies; understands the importance of safety of use of chemicals in our facility.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the facility each day.
- Understands and carries out the weekly and monthly chore list to maintain the facility cleanliness, the equipment, and overall appearance of the facility.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 – $10.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location