$30,000 – $40,000 a year
High school or equivalent (Required)
Pet Grooming: 1 year (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Central Bark New Berlin is looking to add a fourth Dog Groomer to our fast-paced Doggy Daycare/Grooming Salon. We offer a fun and friendly environment. Candidate MUST be a team player. A shadow shift will be required before job offer. $1500 sign on bonus over a 6 month period, terms and conditions apply. 40 hours PTO offered after 1 year. Health, dental and disability insurance offered. Flexible scheduling.
Must be willing to take in outside and in-house daycare clients, such as quick baths and nail trims. Commission and tips position. Well established business with existing clientele. Candidate should have patience with the dogs, knowledge of specific breed styles, creativity, attention to detail, excellent customer service and be able to understand our customers’ needs/ grooming requests. Portfolio of previous clients is required. Must be open & willing to take instruction to perfect techniques for the level of detail required.
Candidate should have strong scissoring skills/ grooming techniques and be experienced bathing/drying dogs. Cage dryers and some products provided. Candidate will also assist in answering phones, holding dogs, scheduling appointments, checking clients in/out, and maintaining a clean environment. Take in appointments from (varying) from 7:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday with every other Saturday rotation. You would be working alongside two other full-time groomers and one part-time groomer. Position would start out as part-time until you have established enough clientele to be full-time.
Responsible for the grooming of day care dogs as well as outside clientele. Groomers are expected to work their agreed upon shifts. Approximately 80% of your time will be standing on your feet bathing, brushing, drying, clipping and generally grooming dogs, 10% will be scheduling grooms, communicating with owners, and receiving and releasing dogs, 10% is spent on general cleaning of the grooming area, doing grooming associated laundry, etc. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Discussing grooming requests with customers.
· Scheduling grooms.
· Receiving and releasing dogs to and from owners.
· Bathing, trimming nails, cleaning ears, brushing, blow-drying, clipping, shaving, and expressing anal glands.
· Maintaining grooming records and establishing a relationship with customers.
· Promoting grooming at Central Bark.
· Attending seminars and trade shows to promote Central Bark.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some tools required.
· Education and/or Experience: Dog handling skills are required. Skills may be in the form of pet ownership, previous pet ownership, working with animals and attending dog training and/or behavior seminars. Training sessions and seminars may be scheduled during non-working hours where your attendance may be required.
· Grooming experience required. This experience may be in the form of a formal Grooming Degree or of gained working experience as an apprentice to an established groomer.
· Physical Skills: Ability to perform a variety of demanding physical activities, including lifting a minimum of 50 pounds (whether it is a bag of dog food, a crate or a dog), and standing for long periods of time. Grasping, pinching and pulling skills are also needed to leash and collar dogs as well as control them as well as the repeated motions associated with grooming dogs.
· Health: It is required that all Groomers are current on their Tetanus vaccination.
· Language Skills: Ability to read dog information including names, medication and feeding instructions, and grooming instructions.
· Be able to communicate dog issues with management either via written or oral communication.
· Be able to maintain a clear record of grooms performed.
· Mathematical Skills: Basic measuring and counting abilities as related to cleaning, medications, feedings or counting change back to customers.
· Computer Skills: A basic understanding of Windows based applications is helpful.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, analyze emergencies and think on your feet. Ability to deal rationally with irrational customers
Please submit a resume & cover letter for consideration. Will require portfolio showing grooming work and at least 3 professional references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
- Willing to undergo a background check?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Pet Grooming: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location