Full Job Description
A Doctoral Degree is required for this position, however, consideration will be given to applicants that are currently pursuing their Doctoral Degree and will complete the degree prior to starting work.
- DVM and PhD (or equivalent degrees)
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists Board certification or eligibility (or equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere
- Demonstrated interest, aptitude, and capability for research and/or scholarly activity related to diseases of domestic animals, wildlife, and/or animal models of human disease
- Teaching expertise at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/