$12.50 – $15.00 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Veterinary Experience: 2 years (Required)
Full Job Description
Williamstown Animal Hospital has an opening for an experienced veterinary assistant to provide medical support and fill a vital role within our veterinary practice. We are looking for the right individual that is a team player, competent in medical knowledge, technical skills and has the ability to provide good patient care. The assistant will apply their skills in patient treatment and nursing, exam room assistant, laboratory testing, radiology, client education, reception, and kennel care.
Qualities of the essential candidate include:
- Previous full-time work at a veterinary hospital of at least 2 consecutive years that includes more than just kennel and reception work.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to multi-task
- Comfortable and adept with computers and other technology.
- Performing physical duties including repetitive standing, walking, bending, twisting and lifting up to 50 lbs. Must be able to grasp, hold and manipulate objects.
- A positive work attitude and ability to get along with various staff/ client personalities.
- Ability to restrain animals properly including scared and difficult patients.
- Desire to advance one’s medical knowledge.
- Duties as assigned
- Able to work 4 full days a week plus half day every other Saturday and some weekend kennel duty.
- Paid vacation
- Group health insurance
- Free vaccines/boarding/grooming for personal pets
- Discounted veterinary services and products
- In house educational training
- Merit based raises
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.50 – $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Williamstown, WV 26187 (Required)
- Please describe your duties at your previous veterinary employment and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position.
- Would you be able to do a 2 hour working interview?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Veterinary Experience: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place