$11.00 – $12.50 an hour
Full Job Description
Do you enjoy variety? Our AAHA accredited hospital is seeking a fulltime Animal Caregiver (ACG)/Tech Assistant (TA) who is a client-oriented team player who will be trained and able to prioritize in a fast-paced work environment. The candidate for Oakwood Hills Animal Hospital will have initiative to identify tasks needing attention. You will work in an environment supported with experienced technicians and doctors and modern equipment. We will utilize your skills and encourage continuing education and career growth.
This person provides daily care, feeding, and exercise of medically boarded and hospitalized pets. He or she also pays close attention to pets’ status, such as signs of stress and changes in eating or elimination habits, promptly notifying technicians and veterinarians when a pet needs medical attention. Proper record documentation and accurate completion of forms is critical. An ACG/TA must pay close attention to details, understand, and follow proper feeding and sanitation procedures as well as monitor medically boarded and hospitalized pets.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
1. Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
2. Must be available for a variety of shift times, including evenings and weekends.
3. Be able to be on your feet most of your shift.
4. Clean and disinfect throughout the hospital.
5. Clean and sterilize all surgery material and dental tools. Be able to use the ultrasonic cleaner, milk bath and Ultraclave correctly. Know surgery tools and what tools go in what pack, as well as being able to assemble packs correctly and wrap them correctly.
6. Operate washer and dryer to clean all laundry in the building.
7. Wear personal protective equipment required for the area and maintain the personal protective equipment in good working order.
8. Be able to walk dogs around the yard double leashed in adverse weather conditions (including rain/snow/cold).
9. Be able to hold dogs during nail trims, anal gland expression, or blood collection. This can include needing to sit on the floor or lifting a dog onto a table and then restraining them properly.
10. Help with post-surgery animals, by feeding them (ask a technician first), taking them outside, or assisting a technician in the removal of the catheter. Clean soiled bedding as needed.
11. Collect any samples requested by a doctor or technician.
12. Maintain food and supply storage areas and keep all areas in the hospital well stocked.
13. Prescription filling and checking (non-controlled substances).
14. Assist with preparations for animals to be discharged.
15. Performed assigned lab work.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 – $12.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Clients are required to wear a mask when in the hospital. Curbside pickup is available.
- One location