$10 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Full Job Description
Must be open to work some weekend days! Applications due by August 1, 2021. 16 – 24 hours per week.
The Animal Caregiver is responsible for the daily care and well being of the animals at the Shelter and the general cleanliness and maintenance of the Kennel area.
The Adoption Counselor is responsible for assisting the public in the adoption process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the mission, vision, and values of ECCHA.
- Maintain a positive image of the ECCHA with all individuals and display concern, compassion, understanding and respect for the animals while carrying out the duties of this position.
- Clean and disinfect kennels, cages and outdoor runs each morning and maintain as necessary to ensure sanitary conditions and a presentable atmosphere to the public during visiting hours.
- Feed, exercise, groom, and handle the animals in accordance with ECCHA policy.
- Administer approved behavioral and medical testing, and report results to the Kennel Supervisor.
- Administer vaccinations and medications, and keep accurate records of such procedures, as directed by the Shelter Manager and Kennel Supervisor.
- Watch for health and/or behavioral problems in the animals, and report them to your supervisor.
- Ensure that rugs, bedding materials, animal dishes, and other animal care items are washed and stored in an orderly manner.
- Maintain the storage areas, garage and outside grounds in a clean, neat, organized manner.
- Assist the veterinarian during health checks.
- Assist all people, who visit the shelter, in a positive and friendly manner.
- Assist potential clients/adopters with the identification and matching of animals to clients.
- Attend educational and training sessions as required by the Shelter Manager and Kennel Supervisor.
- May be required to be on call and perform animal control duties.
- May be required for general customer service and computer duties.
- Maintain possession of a Wisconsin Driver’s License and a good driving record.
Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to start with incentives to earn more
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location