$11 – $12 an hour
Full Job Description
Animal Care Technician
Responsible for ensuring the pets four basic needs are met, providing excellent care for the pets at Petland, Inc. by following our Company systems and procedures. Lead Animal Care Technicians also provide training and coaching to other Animal Care Technicians
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs opening, daily and closing procedures in the kennel by following procedural checklists resulting in cleanliness that is flawless.
- Ensures that all puppies and kittens health is monitored daily; keeping proper records.
- Provides proper nutrition daily; consumption is monitored and recorded.
- Assists Veterinarian with puppy and kitten examinations, and provides care and medications asM prescribed by the Veterinarian.
- Helps maintain records and folders kept for puppies and kittens.
- Performs other cleaning tasks in and around the kennel
- Lead Animal Care Technicians have the additional responsibility to provide training and coaching to other Animal Care Technicians and will oftentimes be “key holders”.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required: Vet Technician Certification preferred.
- Other skills required:
- Strong Animal Sensitivity required.