$8.75 – $10.00 an hour
Driver’s License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Animal Care: 1 year (Preferred)
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
SUMMARY: The Animal Care Attendant is responsible for providing compassionate and attentive care to the animals and maintaining a clean, healthy environment at all times.
· Perform daily cleaning of animal housing areas, including scrubbing, hosing, squeegeeing, wiping, etc.
· Follow policies dictating proper cleaning and handling techniques.
· Follow all daily schedule assignments and assist with other tasks as needed.
· Maintain a healthy, clean, pleasant environment for the animals and the public.
· Treat all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion.
· Assist with the transportation of shelter animals.
· Maintains a friendly demeanor and providing good customer service while assisting the public.
· Provides high quality customer service to people who visit or call the New River Humane Society.
· Monitors both behavioral and medical well-being of the animals and immediately reports issues to the Operations Manager or Director.
· High school graduation
· Two years of animal handling skills preferred
· Valid Driver’s license
EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to get along well with a variety of people.
· Strong problem solving skills – focusing on finding solutions to problems and challenges.
· Able to remain calm even in stressful situations.
· Able to ask appropriate questions to gather information.
· Flexibility to manage multiple tasks.
· Knowledge of animal behavior and common medical conditions (or a willingness to rapidly gain this knowledge.)
· Comfort in working with animals of unknown disposition and those who may exhibit medical and other problems, as well as aggressive tendencies.
· Ability to lift and move objects and animals weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances and to humanely restrain an animal when necessary.
· Must have a sincere interest in the work, programs and mission of the New River Humane Society.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
INTRODUCTORY ASSESSMENT PERIOD The introductory assessment period runs from the date of hire for three months thereafter. For employment in any position with the New River Humane Society, this introductory assessment period is the period during which the specifics of the job are learned. During this period, either the employee or the NRHS may end the employment relationship without notice or prejudice.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.75 – $10.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Animal Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place