From $18 an hour
Veterinary Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
ANIMAL CARE SHELTER MANAGER
Arnell Memorial Humane Society (AMHS)
The Animal Care Shelter Manager , ACSM, oversees all activities associated with animal care and welfare at Arnell Memorial Humane Society. This position is responsible for intake, medical, behavioral enrichment and adoption of shelter animals in accordance with shelter medicine standards and protocols. The ACSM will direct shelter staff caregivers in all aspects of animal care operations. They will be responsible for documentation and accurate record keeping related to animal care. Previous experience in Animal Sheltering is required, supervisory or management experienced preferred. This position is for the individual who is able to use a wide range of abilities to ensure a positive and productive environment for animals and humans at our rural community shelter, one hour east of the Twin Cities.
Position works with and reports to Shelter Director
The following duties are normal for this position. They are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
1. Manages all aspects of the day to day animal care operations and activities associated with animal welfare including medical, behavioral and adoption procedure, as reviewed and approved by the Shelter Director.
2. Maintains an approved standard of care for animals in the shelter, providing vaccinations and medications in a timely fashion.
3. Identifies health and safety concerns, temperament issues, safe and humane handling and adoptability of the shelter animals, viewing each animal as an individual with individual needs.
4. Maintains shelter data entry for all animal medical records, intake and outgoing.
5. Promotes positive, creative teamwork amongst shelter caregiver staff by establishing and maintaining a professional work environment, providing leadership and direction as approved by Shelter Director.
5. Works with the Shelter Director to create, maintain and implement animal care protocols and procedures including but not limited to physical examinations, schedules, vaccinations and euthanasia, allowing and creating effective and efficient animal care and protocols.
6. Works collaboratively with all staff caregivers and volunteers to achieve the completion of daily work assignments following proper shelter protocols, including feeding, cleaning, exercising and enrichment.
7. Train, evaluate shelter employees and provide education for their growth and understanding of the shelter animals and animal welfare.
8. Maintains a high level of communication and supervision with animal caregiving staff for work performance standards and discipline.
9. Provide accurate information and friendly service to the public and insure that others working in the shelter do also.
10. Promotes adoptable pets through organization website and social media. Provide adoption screening and consultation advice to adopters and the public.
11. Improve the function of the shelter and insure a positive public image for AMHS.
12. This position is 32-36 hours per week including some weekend hours. Starting wage dependent on experience.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and desired wage range to Mary Bruckner, AMHS Executive Director.
Position Open Until Filled.
Arnell Memorial Humane Society
185 Griffin St. East
Amery, WI 54001
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Shelter is currently open by appointment with masks required indoors.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Amery, WI 54001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Animal Welfare: 3 years (Required)
- Veterinary Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location