$14 – $16 an hour
Veterinary Assistant, 1 year (Required)
Full Job Description
100% Privately owned small-animal hospital (non-corporate!) seeking experienced, professional, enthusiastic Veterinary Assistant for a busy 5-doctor small animal general practice.
Our full service hospital features:
- Low dose digital radiography
- Portable Ultrasound
- Progeny Digital dental radiography
- Portable therapeutic laser
- Cardell Touch surgical monitors with ETCO2
- Full on-site Idexx lab (ProCyte/Catalyst/SediVue, etc)
- On-site pharmacy
- Digital medical records (paperless)
- Assisting our doctors with examinations, treatments, acupuncture, ultrasounds, procedures, surgeries, etc.
- Surgery preparation and anesthetic monitoring
- Dental prophylaxis and radiography
- Blood draws and IV catheter placement/maintenance
- Filling, dispensing, and administering medications
- Collecting samples (blood, urine, fecal, skin, etc)
- Client communication and education
Position is full-time (31-39 hours/week) with a regular schedule (no nights, no on-call, and 1 set day off per week, alternating Saturday half-days 8am-12pm).
Compensation to commensurate with experience! Willing to negotiate higher salary for the right candidate.
- After successful completion of 90-day Introductory period, benefits include: paid sick time, vacation time, health insurance with company contribution, paid uniforms, paid holidays, discounted services on employee pets, and quarterly bonuses. 401-k is offered after 1 year of employment (with 3% match).
Interested parties please submit a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed or considered. Please no drop ins or phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Veterinary Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for this position?
- One location