From $10.50 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Animal Care: 1 year (Required)
Full Job Description
Williamstown Animal Hospital is looking for a full-time veterinary assistant who loves animals and would like to make a career helping strengthen that human-animal bond. If this is you, then we have the job for you!
Do you have the following personal qualities?
- Reliability- Medicine doesn’t wait. Attendance is critical.
- Good work ethic- Must be able to work 4 full days a week and weekends which includes a half day every other Saturday and rotating kennel duties Saturday evening and Sundays.
- Team player- You must have the ability to work well with other people.
- Great people skills- Assistants are often the first point of contact for distressed animal owners.
- Maturity and emotional strength- There are times when we must treat extremely sick and hurting patients and/or euthanize those that cannot be returned to a reasonable quality of life.
Routine duties include:
- Caring for boarding and hospitalized animals which includes walking, feeding, cleaning and grooming.
- Cleaning and sanitizing kennels, cages, exam rooms and general hospital areas.
- Animal restraint for exams and procedures. This includes restraining scared and difficult patients.
- Taking patient vital signs such as weight and temperature.
- Collecting samples such as urine, feces and blood
- Doing routine blood tests.
- Reception duties such as scheduling appointments and filing.
Still interested? Benefits include (After a probationary period):
- Merit based advancement and raises.
- Paid time off after one consecutive year of work.
- Group health insurance
- Discounted veterinary services and products.
- In-house educational training
- Overtime pay
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $10.50 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
We are doing semi-curbside appointments. One client only is allowed in hospital with a mask.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Williamstown, WV 26187 (Required)
- Please describe your animal care experience and why you feel this job would be right for you.
- Attendance is crucial. Describe your dependability.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Animal Care: 1 year (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place