Full Job Description
- stop to help a neighbor select the perfect toy for a terrier that likes to chew
- review and compare the ingredient labels of several food brands for a concerned cat parent
- fit a squirming dachshund with the perfect harness
- educate a sixth grader on bird ownership
- stock shelves and ring up neighbors’ purchases
- feed all the furry pets and make sure their cages are spiffy
- Processing neighbors’ purchases with trustworthy accuracy and efficiency.
- Providing Preferred Pet Club membership information to ensure neighbors don’t miss any outstanding offers.
- Safely unloading our delivery trucks using the proper equipment.
- Stocking shelves to ensure Fido always gets his favorite chew toy and treats.
- Carrying bags of kibble, cat litter, aquariums and other purchases out to neighbors’ cars.
- Providing care for pets in our store, which may include cleaning habitats, feeding and handling the animals.
- Answering neighbor’s questions on animal care to help them find or maintain the perfect pet.
- Support each other by acting as back-up when extra help is needed.
- Be knowledgeable about animals and our products in order to provide outstanding neighborly service.
- Be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Candidates must pass a drug screening (in applicable states) and be 16 years or older.
About Pet Supplies Plus:
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 560 locations in 36 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 61 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2021 Franchise 500® list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.