Full Job Description
Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists, a BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, is seeking a motivated and eager seasonal kennel assistant to join our team!
- Do you have a passion for animals?
- Are you looking to improve your skills and learn more about the veterinary health industry?
- Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment?
If you answered “yes” to the questions, then we would love to hear from you.
Our hospital is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we are considered an essential business. We are committed to providing the communities we serve with comprehensive, compassionate veterinary care. All of our associates are dedicated to accomplishing our mission: Enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
Flexible full-time hours available. This is a temporary 60 day position which is perfect for students or those that want to explore the veterinary field. Long-term employment may be available in the future.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sanitizing/maintaining kennels, exam rooms, and common areas.
- Observing patients for obvious signs of health concerns and reporting any findings to senior staff.
- Re-stocking supplies.
- Preparing patient meals, cleaning patient cages and bedding, and maintaining litter boxes.
- Providing routine attention to patients, including walking dogs.
- Effectively cleaning and maintaining hospital equipment and tools.
- Washing soiled laundry and keeping clean laundry stocked.
- Answering phone calls and directing calls to the appropriate department.
- Providing our clients with updates on their pet(s) health via phone, text message, or photo.
- Assisting our clients and their pet(s) through the check-in and check-out process.
- Safely restraining patients for treatments and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must be attentive, dependable, and adaptable.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. You can also bring your dog to work with you.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.