$13 – $16 an hour
Veterinary Technician Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Veterinary Technician Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The veterinary technician is the veterinarians primary medical support and plays a vital role within the practice. Technicians must value the quality of care we provide and communicate it to our clients. Technicians assist the doctors to the fullest extent to help achieve the greatest efficiency possible by relieving them of technical work.
The RVT will apply their professional skills assisting in physical exams, dental procedures, surgeries, laboratory testing, immunizations, euthanasia, as well as client education and inventory management.The technician must be a detail oriented person who can make good decisions, respond quickly and calmly to crises and always maintain high standards of patient care. This often requires multi-tasking and a creative thinking ability.
- Graduate of an accredited training school or program, in good standing and with license to work in the state of WV.
- Must have competency in the skills required for veterinary technician licensure.
- Ability to read and write legibly in English and to communicate clearly both in person and over the telephone.
- Basic computer literacy, including typing
- Perform physical duties including repetitive standing, walking, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 50 lb. Must be able to grasp, hold and manipulate objects.
- Work 4 days a week and every other Saturday, kennel and holiday rotations
- Personality that works well with others in a fast paced and sometimes high stress environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Williamstown, WV 26187 (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Veterinary Technician Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Veterinary Technician Certification (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place