$40,000 – $60,000 a year
Full Job Description
Become a Dog Trainer for The Complete K9!
As a Dog Trainer with TCK9, you will play a vital role in our dog-training family. You must genuinely be committed and interested in enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and owner while providing a fun (and safe) training environment.
Your job as a dog trainer is not simply to train dogs; you are also an educator to the dog’s family. In addition to training, basic tasks include keeping records, visually documenting training progress, communicating with clients, and more.
* Promote and instruct our complete dog-training curriculum.
* Update Board and Train owners on a daily basis.
* Regularly capturing and posting engaging images and videos for social media.
* Regularly handle large dogs (lift, help into positions, etc).
* Safely and comfortably working hands-on with aggression and anxiety cases.
* Create engaging before/after videos comparable to those seen on our YouTube channel.
* Keep 2+ dogs in your home for our 2-week Board and Train program.
* Have and maintain Safe and Reliable transportation.
* Strong work ethic, reliability, honesty, and a passion for dogs.
* The ability to inspire and motivate yourself and others.
* Computer skills and the ability to utilize Google Drive programs, Facebook, and other common software.
* Camera and computer skills with the ability to capture and edit dog training videos (we teach video editing techniques, but general competency skills are required for long-term success).
* Sales and marketing experience and/or understanding.
* The ability to work during peak traffic periods during week days and weekends.
* A flexible schedule and the ability to chip in when work flow or your local team of trainers needs more help.
* Schedule has a ton of flexibility, all while doing something you love! Occasional travel.
* Must be able to attend and pass a 30-day unpaid certification course in Sweetwater, TN, before you will be released to work with clients one-on-one. (Lodging will be provided & we pay for the certification).
* The right person can earn $40,000 annually to start, earning upwards of $70,000 annually after year one.
Please include a cover letter with your resume on indeed.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Charleston, WV (Preferred)
- Do you have reliable transportation that you can safely transport 2 dogs at a time?
- Are you able to attend a 30 day certification course in Sweetwater, TN?
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company’s Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place