$80,000 – $110,000 a year
Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
DEA License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Full Time Associate Veterinarian
Vets&Pets Pets Hospital Inc is seeking an Associate Veterinarian for our Martinsburg, West Virginia location. Vets&Pets Pet Hospital is a new state of the art pet hospital, located in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia 60 miles from Washington DC, 42 miles from Dulles International Airport, 48 miles from northern Virginia. The region is often referred to as a bedroom community of the Washington, D.C area. This position is open for:
- An experienced veterinarian
- A new graduate veterinarian
Vets&Pets Pet Hospital is a new business that is growing rapidly. Our facility is equipped with the latest technology, to provide excellent service to our clients. Our building is 5000sq feet, having 6 modern examination rooms in addition to the following:
- Computerized patients record
- High definition digital radiographs
- Digital dental radiographs
- State of the art in house laboratory equipment
- Top of the line ultrasound
- Ocular tonometry
- Laser therapy
- Orthopedic equipment
- Blood pressure monitors
- Dental and surgical suites
- 3 Emergency clinics nearby
- IV fluids pumps
- Our practice is close to the best referral places of the nation for easy consultation and best care of our patients. We are open 6 days a week with NO overnights or on call.
- 3-4 staff support per doctor.
- Flexible schedule
Vets&Pets Pet Hospital offers a comprehensive compensation package including:
- $80000-$110000 guarantee base salary plus monthly bonus based in production
- Paid Time off (Including Holidays)
- Retirement Plan
- Discount on pet care
- Generous CE allowance
- Paid state, and DEA license and membership dues and Liability Insurance.
- Health Insurance
- Work/Life balance
- Paid vacation Time
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or related degree from an accredited university. Candidates of non-accredited schools, must have an ECFVG or PAVE certification.
- License in Good Standing to practice in West Virginia
- Commitment to practice the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Works collaboratively with hospitals team members
- Makes decisions confidently and efficiently
- Manage time and task appropriately
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Company may be able to sponsor a visa for the right candidate
We are seeking career-oriented individual who are committed to the profession, value compassionate care and teamwork, and will put forth the extra effort needed to achieve the high-quality service our clients expect.
Why choose Us?
You will be a part of an engaging environment; you will be provided the resources and tools that will develop you into a well-rounded veterinarian. You will see the impact of your individual work on pets, people and the whole hospital.
You will be a part of an altruistic team. You will be provided a team that is collaborative, supportive, established and committed to the well being of patients in order to support your caseload. This structure will enable you to spend time practicing medicine, building trust and value to the clients you serve, developing strong surgical skills, and culturing confidence in the triage and treatment of urgent cases.
You will work hard and play hard. A full life outside the hospital is a cultural value. We will work with you to come up with a schedule that provides a fair balance of work and play.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- DEA License (Preferred)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place