$9.25 – $11.00 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Full Job Description
At Dirty Paws, our amazing team of dog lovers and our newly custom built facility helps provide top quality daycare, boarding & grooming services to our furry friends and their owners throughout the Ohio Valley. Our customer oriented team keeps pups happy, safe, and healthy by making sure our staff is made up of quality reliable people who love dogs.
Dirty Paw’s is now hiring energetic, fun-loving people who enjoy playing with dogs! You’ll work within a small staff of supportive, happy go lucky co-workers while completing the following tasks daily:
Canine Care Taking
- Ability to manage and lead small groups of dogs for play all shift whether it be inside or outside.
- Effectively correct negative dog behaviors immediately in a constructive and positive manner. There is a 0 tolerance policy for verbal/physical abuse. Cameras run 24/7. Such behaviors will lead to instant termination and can potentially hold legal repercussions.
- The ability to move dogs from one play area to another safely with or without leads and leashes.
- Physically able to be on your feet for most of your shift.
- Capable of learning and effectively using our Point of Sale system to check customers out.
- Able to work peacefully and happily with all staff members in a respectful manner.
- Effectively communicate to all staff members and customers.
- Maintains positive vibes, tones, attitudes and demeanors in all aspects of work. This includes towards staff, guests and customers.
- Consistently be on time and at work. Advanced notice is required for days off work as well as time off for appointments.
- Takes pride in their work and personal development. Accepts personal responsibility for all mistakes that are made and grows professionally and personally from them.
- Assists with the removal and cleaning of accidents in all play areas via bags, cleaning solutions, scrubbers etc.
- Simple daily cleaning tasks. May include, but is not limited to sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, taking out the trash, and replacing water bowls etc.
- Follows cleaning guidelines and regulations set forth by management.
- Can perform daily cleaning details set forth by management.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Weekend availability is absolutely necessary in shifts.
- Ability to open the building if need be by no later than 6:30 AM or stay to close the building as late as 6:00 PM.
- Available to work 25 to potentially 40 hours per week with occasional overtime.
- Reliable Transportation to and from work.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend and be physically fit for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work and move quickly throughout the building while maintaining your composure and positive attitude.
- Always maintain great personal hygiene.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $9.25 – $11.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company’s Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place