From $45 an hour
Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
DEA Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Tiffany Dlesk Spay Neuter Clinic in Moundsville, WV is currently looking for another PT/FT veterinarian to work in our low cost HQHVSN & Wellness clinic. We specialize in spaying/neutering and providing core vaccinations to pets for low income pet owners, rescue organizations and the Marshall County Animal Shelter. We’ve done over 19,000 surgeries in the 9 years since we’ve been open. We are a certified 501c3 non-profit organization and qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
Applicant may choose to work just two to three days per week or come on board full-time five days per week. We currently perform surgeries in the mornings and have vaccine/wellness appointments in the afternoon.
Hours are currently 8-6 three days/week. Schedules are flexible and the work environment is family friendly.
The option to perform specialty surgeries is available as well (hernia repair, tumor removals, ocular procedures, minor dental extractions, etc.)
Job responsibilities include:
· Comfortably handling dogs and cats, of all sizes and temperaments
· Safely performing high quality high volume spay/neuter surgeries for shelter animals and owned pets, as well as Trap-Neuter-Return for free-roaming & feral community cats
· Maintaining a culture of collaboration and teamwork among the veterinary team
· Occasionally participating in community wellness clinics and events
· Supervising veterinary assistants in animal care; ordering equipment and supplies; and the maintenance and cleaning of the clinic
· In conjunction with the other Staff Veterinarian and in accordance with existing standard operating procedures and policies, consulting and advising on health and related aspects of care for shelter animals at MCAS, including but not limited to: vaccinations, sanitation & disease control, administration of medication, diagnostic testing, medical & behavioral evaluations, humane health care, and euthanasia, and disease prevention in the shelter.
Compensation is hourly and based on experience/ability. Benefits include no after-hour or weekend calls, CE allowance, licensing renewal fee payment, and paid time off after the first year. We will provide training opportunities to the right candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $45.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff wear a mask at all times, no clients are allowed in the building, all appointments are still curbside
- Doctorate (Required)
- Veterinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- DEA Certification (Preferred)
- One location