$100,000 a year
DEA Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
At Alpha Veterinary Services otherwise known as “AVS” has been poised with rapid growth development. We’re searching for an Associate Veterinarian to join our team at our “almost heaven” Kingwood, West Virginia hospital location. Just a 20 minute drive from the historical and growing city of Morgantown while being nestled in the Appalachian Mountains. We have worked hard to be the best and our mission is to provide the highest quality, compassionate veterinary care to our clients and their companion animals. We take pride in providing individual & personal attention to every client and their companion pet at every visit.
We’re looking for a veterinarian who wants to work in a friendly, supportive atmosphere with other dedicated professionals. Our position also stands out from the others by offering much more than just employment, we are seeking an experienced veterinarian to collaborate with and care for patients. You will be joining an experienced team of staff members that care for all of the behind the scenes business management so you can focus on doing what you love; practicing veterinary medicine. We’re interested in talking to you if you’re as committed to pet parent education as you are to treating animals and want to have your own clinic.
The Associate Veterinarian will lead our established Kingwood, WV veterinary hospital with direct oversight of team members and all services provided. This includes ensuring that all services meet the appropriate standards of AVS care. They will be responsible for providing high quality veterinary care and will be an integral component in building the success of our Kingwood, WV animal hospital.
The Associate Veterinarian will:
- Promote all hospital services (grooming, boarding, retail)
- Lead the veterinary hospital team through daily patient caseload and direct center team members in a positive and efficient manner.
- Oversee the care of all pets in the hospital and encourage collaboration and communication across hospital services.
- Participate with the AVS Management team with planning, budgeting, and review of hospital financial performance.
- Communicate with clients in a positive and efficient manner.
- Participate and collaborate with AVS in increasing gross revenue at the Kingwood, WV hospital and maintain positive, lasting relationships with clients and the Kingwood community.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for veterinarians with a deep appreciation for veterinary medicine. Candidates should be licensed veterinarians in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board. They should have a minimum of 1 year of clinical experience preferred and excellent client communication skills. We encourage new graduates to apply and can accommodate mentorship with an experienced Veterinarian.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to be adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm about giving back to and building relationships with the local community.
- Client mindset with desire and ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base.
- A passion for preventive care.
Compensation + Benefits
We offer a highly competitive package for Associate Veterinarians including an excellent base income of $100,000 salary. We are offering up to a $30,000 sign on bonus depending on employment commitment terms. Other benefits include paid time off, short and long-term disability insurance, health benefits, continuing education, and retirement savings.
Priority of Wellness – Closed to veterinary appointments on Sundays, flexible scheduling, and a caseload that allows our team to spend more time with pets and their parents to offer the best experience possible.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Kingwood, WV 26537 (Preferred)
- Are you currently or able to become licensed as a Veterinarian in the state of West Virginia?
- Doctorate (Required)
- DEA Certification (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place