$10 an hour
Full Job Description
Coulee Region Humane Society, Inc.
Title: Animal Caregiver – Full-time
Reports to: Kennel Operations Manager
Exempt Status: Hourly
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To perform animal care duties including but not limited to daily maintenance of companion animal kennels and housing units, feeding, medicating, grooming and socializing animals of a variety of species including dogs, cats, small animals, birds, reptiles and exotics. To perform adoption counseling duties including but not limited to matchmaking between potential adopters and companion animals and providing education on companion animal ownership concepts. To support the mission of CRHS.
- Clean animal areas which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Collect dishes, bedding, toys and litter pans
- Feed and clean in all cages and kennels
- Rotate animals when needed, including adoptable, isolated, and quarantined animals
- Clean get acquainted rooms, crates/carriers, room floors and hallways
- Groom and bathe animals
- Assist with dishes and laundry as a team
- Deep cleaning in rooms, preferably monthly: tops of kennels, room walls, dog grates, etc.
- Pick up and disposal of animal feces
- Perform general Health Checks in accordance with policy and procedure for incoming animals.
- Administer and record vaccinations and medications for all animals.
- Provide socialization opportunities for animals, as assigned.
- Provide adoption counseling to potential adopters.
- Provide post-adoption counseling when needed.
- Participate in adoption promotions and events.
- Ensure that recognition signage for services and/or goods provided by vets at discounted or free of charge are displayed on kennel doors, as assigned.
- Assist with updating the animal information for the website, Pet of the Week features, adoption boards and other promotional/feature outlets, as assigned.
- Assist in preparing specialized bio/information sheets for adoptable animals.
- Assist with preparing information for adopters that is specific to the animal they are adopting and the animals that may already be in the household.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff, volunteers, business partners and the public.
- Promote responsible pet care.
- Any other non-essential functions of the job as assigned, such as:
- Assisting with or being assigned additional side projects.
- Assisting with tasks related to adoption promotions or events.
- Appropriate technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Able to represent CRHS in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with animals.
- Computer literate and ability to operate office equipment.
- Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Able to work flexible hours, which includes weekends.
- Passion for issues relating to animal welfare.
- Must comply with CRHS employee-owned animal policies.
OSHA CATEGORY AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Category I- All employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Environmental Conditions: Exposure to infectious diseases. Exposure to potentially harmful drugs and chemicals. Subject to extreme weather conditions. Subject to hazards such as dangerous, diseased, frightened and injured animals.
Emotional Demands: Euthanasia, animal abuse, and animal neglect.
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position:
· Stooping/Bending/Twisting- Frequently
· Lifting- Floor to Waist- Frequently- Number of lbs 0-80
· Lifting- Waist to Overhead- Occasionally- Number of lbs 0-25
· Lifting- Other- Frequently- Number of lbs 0-80
· Sitting- Occasionally
· Walking- Frequently
· Standing- Frequently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also be required to perform the following actions in a safe manner: stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs or ladders; balance; twist, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear; ability to see with close vision and to adjust focus.
Please understand that CRHS is an at-will employer. This means that should you be offered a position in our organization either you are CRHS are free to end employment at any time, with or without notice or cause and nothing in this document or CRHS’s policies or procedures, either now or in the future, are intended to change the at-will nature of employment.
This job description is subject to change at any time based on the needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Masks are to be worn by un-vaccinated staff and volunteers. Staff and Volunteers are the only ones allowed in the building at this time. All adoption counseling is done over the phone and everything is done curb side.
- One location